View Single Post

Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Do not touch the trim!

Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

I get tons of questions about changing the colors in gauge clusters using led's... swapping the bulbs for led's is easy... removing the gauge overlays to wet sand the color filtering off is pretty easy... calibrating the needles afterwards can be the tough part.

Many times I've sent links to THIS THREAD for reference & I thought I'd include the link here for anyone interested in doing the mod themselves.

I haven't calibrated the needles myself, but I seem to remember several folks have used the AA battery method described in the how-to thread. I have a couple "test" clusters to mess around with & I've pulled the needles off & placed them back on in random areas just to see how the lights look.

I've also heard some guys have calibrated their MPH by using their GPS & driving at a set speed & pressing the needle in place while driving... I haven't tried this method either & it could be dangerous if you're not careful, so if anyone is thinking about using the GPS method make sure you have a buddy helping you out & don't even think about doing that in a heavily trafficked area.

Hope this helps anyone who's wanting to change the color of their gauge cluster but don't know where to start or how to go about it.

Need LED's? Send me a PM
LINKS... Click 'em - - -> BUGGMAN PICS - - -BUGGMAN'S YouTube Channel - - -BUGGMAN'S FaceBook