View Single Post

Old 09-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Turd Generation Ranger

Default Re: Good audio for low prices?

Memphis and MTX are legit ass brands. I have experience in MTX, Power acoustik, and Ascendant audio. MTX is a great brand, don't get me wrong. I loved every single setup I've had from them. I've had a single 10, 12, and 2 8's. They all played wonderfully. But my Chaos 15" is by far my fav. The power acoustik 15's I used to have got really loud, but not low, so i didn't get good quality from my bass. The Chaos gets really low and has almost 2" of full excursion. Now, that isn't alot by any means, but that will surely shake some stuff loose if you're not careful.

Just remember, OP. You get what you pay for. I've got about $800 in my current system so far and am really happy about it.

Also, there's nothing at all wrong about mainstream brands. It's just the people associated with the brand, and them praising it and saying it will beat the shit out of your system without them even knowing what you're running. Most people just don't like to associate themselves with mainstream brands' overly pumped fanboys, so they go with an alternate route. For instance, you can have a JL 12W7 that you paid 300 bucks for, or you can have an Fi BTL which you paid $200 for. I'm not gonna say JL sucks because you spent more for it, I'm just saying that JL is way overpriced and you can have quality bass for a fraction of the price.

/wall of text

My Build Thread