View Single Post

Old 01-02-2014, 09:36 AM
"Eh, it'll buff out"

Default Advice for moving to South Carolina

Hello,

With the new year starting to unfold, I am looking at making a move to South Carolina. I have been thinking about it for several years now and I am now in a position where I can save up money and make the move.

I was just wondering for those in South Carolina and surrounding states if they had any thoughts on good places to look for jobs and housing. I would be moving with a friend to help split the bills. I would like to be near a large city but far enough away to avoid tourists. And from what I've read, the job market isn't the greatest currently unless your in the hospitality industry (which you can't make a living off of usually) but I'm more geared towards the customer service side of things. (I currently work full time at a marketing firm outside of Chicago and also have a second part time job at Golf Galaxy just for background). I've looked into Greenville, Spartanburg, Sumter, Rock Hill, North Charleston, North Myrtle Beach and Mount Pleasant so far but those are all large populated areas, so maybe ideas on surrounding suburbs. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Being near the ocean doesn't rank high on my list, if I'm within an hour or two I'd be happy. Thanks in advance.
-3 inch Performance Accessories Body Lift
-33x12.5 r 15 BFG M/T KM2's