View Single Post

Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Ford Pickup

Send a message via AIM to blueranger1801
Default Re: Starting/Cut Out Problem

Is your problem similar to this?......the accelerating part....not the part about it not turning back on when you turn it off.........

quote::
When i want to drive accelerate normally my engine carry's out through the rpm's just fine and my transmission gives no problem....

BUT! as soon as i want to start passing other cars or suddenly pick up speed i would push down on the accelerator some more and my transmission would kick down one gear (as it is sopposed too) but once its in this gear and it starts going up to say 4000 rpm it suddenly starts kicking violently and it wont go past 4,000 rpm.

ANOTHER INTERESTING THING......is that when i decide i really want to push the pedal all the way down from say a dead stop....She will take off just fine and if i am already rolling then she would just kickdown a gear and continue....its when i am completely stepping on it that it does not buck around 4000.....i think to my self that its actually working...but when i get to around 5 ish it suddenly kicks back.....but for a very short moment.......and after that it continues perfectly fine and i can continue to speed up as much as i want ( until i hit that 92 mph limit of course)
end quote::