View Single Post

Old 12-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default The Driver & the Project 5.0? part VIII

So after a long afternoon, the motor is out.

I pulled the engine/trans with all attachments and fan, through the doghouse, without removing the rad support. Its not too bad with a twist, lol. Front up, twist the trans tail to one side. Then lift again front up like your reeling in a fish. I got a few dings the rad support and slight rash on my fanblades, but nothing serious. Now its hanging. The miserable part I left out, because others may not face this: Because of the height of my garage, I had to flatten my front tires to get the deepest part of the oilpan to clear the inner wheelhouse. Then physically ( and carefully) lift the trans tail up and swing it around and out. Fun!

So heres some pics:

As you can see I've got the trans tail on the bench, other wise it swings down. Thats about just where I need it to swing it back over into the black truck. Now I gotta get the red one out and the black one back in! Then put flat tires on the front, and insert motor... so easy. Lol. But, I'm taking the fan off for reinstall, flushing the oil, New filter for full synthetic oil when its ready. New plugs, wires and sensor cleaning.

I'm tired though, and its Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all!