View Single Post

Old 08-31-2010, 05:19 AM
bullsnake 4x4 owner

Talking Re: My 88 with 2.9 runs rough

man mine really dosn't run rough but have some idle problems like idle fluctuation up and down some seems to depend on humidity and weather which makes me giggle cause seems my truck only loves cool dry conditions for running smooth lol, but i looked at throttlebody and up intake dirty and grimmy as heck needs cleaned heard an idea jack passenger front up just high enough to tilt truck forward and to passenger side then go to spraying trottlebody and intake out with injector cleaner letting it run out because truck is tilted this way less crap getting in engine,mine though the egr valve is got me thinking what to do man can i just take apart and clean or replace it.
1987 black custom xlt,ext. cab 4x4,military-surplus 2.9L, stock 3"lifted;5 speed auto trans w/ manual 4x4,borg-Warner-turbo transfer case,grinds out progressive aluminum mags w/goodyear wranglers; keyed entry alarm,duel 280w interface deckw/usb n bluetooth,jvc6x8s rear,jvc4"160wfront,crome bed side rails,tuff liner bed liner also blacked out headlights,limo black window tint. called the BULLSNAKE cuz its the best small-n-toughest 4x4 ford built!!