View Single Post

Old 08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Buy a Ford

Default Possible CB issue, or I'm just THAT new to it....

I hooked up my Cobra CB this weekend, ran the remote wire off the remote on my radio (this way I don't forget to turn it off) power off the cig lighter wire (may re run it to the battery) and ground is to a bolt for one of the dash brackets. K30 35" antenna mounted to my roof wire going through my brake light down the driver side under the carpet to the center console. (pics will prob be posted tomorrow)

Now while I was sitting in my driveway after the instal, key on engine off, I was getting some people chattering, cool it works, and I'm a good distance from any major highway.. Well today, I was going to work up the highway (287 for those in the know) and I got a TONE of static.. basically I got zero chatter from anyone and there is always trucks on this highway.. So is maybe something wrong with the way I ran the antenna? bad ground? or am I that new to all this CB stuff that I'm doing something wrong? I had it on 19 first, then went to 17 and 9 then scan.. if it picked anything up it wasn't clear, just very static..

what "could" the possible issue be? should I re-run the antenna wire on the pass side where there are less wires? new ground? ahh! HALP! lol!

www.thefusionsolution.com