View Single Post

Old 09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Learning to use the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay FX4 View Post
I never bothered to look into this, but I have been wondering if Ford gives out your personal info to third parties. After I bought my Ranger, I started getting crap about extended warranties in the mail, and this stuff was not from Ford. It wasn't happening frequently enough for me to be too concerned about it - maybe twice a month, and I just shredded the stuff. Obviously, it wasn't coincidence that I started getting stuff in the mail shortly after I bought the truck, but I don't remember anything in the fine print of the paperwork when I bought the truck that said that Ford would give out your name/address/phone to third parties. It seems like if they were going to do that, they'd have a legal obligation to disclose that.
I still get that warranty crap in the mail and I bought my Ranger in 2002! Not sure if it's Ford... remember the dealer obviously has your info as does the insurance company and the bank. My guess is the dealer sells a list to marketing companies because shortly after I bought my truck I got annoying automated calls from them hawking their service and used car departments (Van Boxtel Ford in Green Bay). It only stopped when they got bought out (*knock on wood*).

Whatever the case... somebody is spilling the info, that's for sure.