View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Rocket Scientist

Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default Re: Noob From FL (with pics and questions) 2001 XLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProphessional View Post
@Turbo: I'm in Jacksonville, and I'm guessing thats the same thing that happened to mine. Looks like the heat just made them wrinkle and crack.
Yep. Well, I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron and whatever, and you're not too far... let me know if you need any help getting replacements installed.

Quote:
Round 2 of questions:

1. What is the general consensus on the plastic bug shield thing on the hood? I'm not sure I like it.
meh. personal choice, I guess.

Quote:
2. Same question about the plastic rain guard things on the windows, not sure I like those either. Do those come stock (they have a Ford logo on them)?
again, personal choice. I used to have them on my previous vehicle, but don't have them on the Ranger. I don't believe they were a "stock" item, but may have been a dealer add-on, or simply an aftermarket item that the previous owner bought/installed.

Quote:
Not only that, but I wouldn't mind flying flags on game day, Go Jaguars! :P
I believe you may have misspelled Seminoles, at the end of your previous sentence, above.

Quote:
So what do you guys think, lame or not?
Sometimes, those window-mount flags tend to crush/warp the seals on the window, so there's a constant whistling when driving with the window rolled up and the flag not installed.

...but, fortunately, you have a pickup truck. A real fan would weld up a sturdy rig to mount in the bed of the pickup, where you can fly a full-size 3' x 5' flag on game day! :P

Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock