View Single Post

Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 PM
'10 SupercabSport 4x2 4.0

Arrow CB radio antella placement on tool box

***antenna - oops, typo.

Alright -- one more question about my CB install.

I know the toolbox isn't the best place for an antenna. Right now I'm using a mag-mount Little Will and I'm gonna keep it for times when I'm off-roading/on a long road trip. But, for everyday use, I want to mount a fiberglass antenna that I bought locally, so people will be less temped to walk off with it and so I don't scrape the roof of the parking garage at work. I ordered a Firestik stake hole mount online but apparently I got scammed -- it never showed up (avoid www.premiere-electronics.net !!!).

So - here's what I'm going to do. I have a toolbox right behind the cab and I'm gonna drill into the side of its lid to mount the fiberglass antenna. I'm going to use half of a semi truck mirror mount (like the front half of this one http://www.truckers-store.com/image_..._thumbnail.JPG).

I attached a pic of my toolbox and am wondering what point would be the best to mount the antenna, or if it matters at all reception-wise. On the side closest to the cab/middle/farthest from the cab, or in the middle of the long side of the lid? I checked and the antenna will clear the roof of the cab if the lid is opened.

Thanks for the help again guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toolbox.jpg (93.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by tomogden; 08-24-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typo