View Single Post

Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

I have no allegiance to either party. In fact I've never heard of the buyer before this and only found out about the seller with his ads posted around Halloween. My thoughts...

For Sale ad up: 10/31/13
'SOLD' post on ad: 11/06/13
Buyer received parts: 11/9/13 or 11/11/13 (weekend...OP says 3 days)
This "buyer beware" thread: 11/13/13

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that adds up to be approx 4 days or heavens forbid 2 days to work out this problem prior to this threads existence.

Websites that deal with transactions for goods like eBay, has a 5 day waiting period after issues come up. If you open a dispute or a claim, the seller has 5 days to respond to the buyer. Paypal may have the same sort of process. I honestly believe this thread was popped up VERY prematurely. It's obviously better to work things out privately....and if weeks go by (NOT HOURS), definitely post a thread. I think the OP has jumped the gun on posting this thread.

It may boil down to lack of patience on the buyers side.

Parts condition complaint...

It is obvious in the for sale ad that you are purchasing used goods with the exception of the rotors and pads. You cannot expect brand new parts...or even usable parts if it's clear the parts are used. I see nothing in the ads description about any mounting bolts or any hardware...only brake line stuff. Many who choose to do this swap buy new hardware...including other hardware you've not brought up like the brackets to axle tube or securing the soft lines or the parking brake. Many who choose to do this swap buy new or rebuilt calipers for peace of mind and safety's sake. Your complaints on the calipers sound right in line with used calipers. Your complaints on the rotors could be from simple shelf life and being outside their plastic shipping/shelf bags...allowing contact to moisture.

Posting a copy/paste of this thread's lead post in another one of his for sale ads is a little immature. I don't see anyone leaving negative feedback on eBay when the seller wasn't given an acceptable amount of time to respond to the problem at hand. No patience and jumping to conclusions never works for anyone in any transaction.

I hope this problem gets resolved. Buyer and Seller, keep this thread updated. And thank you for letting me write this novel.