View Single Post

Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Reformed Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSport4x2 View Post
new XDS 9 is pretty badass. I bought my dad one for his birthday in July
I'm assuming the xds 9 has the same issue my xds 45 does which is this: with a round in the chamber if, when holster or if for some reason something pushes up against it, and the slide get pushed back just a little the spring is not strong enough to push the slide forward again and the gun will obviously not fire. Springfield refuses to acknowledge/fix this problem and if you do some research you'll find they all do this. I loved my xds except for that problem. Then of course there is an ongoing recall that Springfield is fixing now that affects pretty much ALL xds' so if you do buy one make sure on the grip safety you can see a little roll pin. That is what Springfield is advising shows the pistol is post recall or has been upgraded. Sent my xds out September 7 and the email from Springfield is saying to expect it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. As you can imagine they have a shit load of guns to fix and it is taking forever! Lol my 1911 is so heavy in comparison. Can't wait to get my xds back.

Besides for these problems I really do like my xds. Super easy to carry and conceal and I like having a 45. I'm sure the 9 is good too though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-538845985.jpg (53.7 KB, 18 views)

&

1993 Ford Ranger STX Extended Cab 2x4 4.0L V6 Manual

Last edited by bear_claw_91; 11-07-2013 at 10:48 AM.