View Single Post

Old 11-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Car Audio N00b

Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan2000 View Post
Lol you got me, ima sucker for some math lol and I agree with you in the ad-1, all loads are reactive in audio not resistive which is why I think his new meter is nice because its like a dyno but it uses the subs as the load and imo is a much more realistic test.

But the issue with clamping is that the meters (voltage, ammeter) record the max value but they don't necessarily occur at the same time so you can't just do (volts x amps = watts) there is a power factor you have to find and add in to the equation to get watts. With Ac power if you just multiply volts and amps you end up with Va not watts (I think, don't quote me I've been drinking atm lol)

I'm not trying to belittle you or anything just wanna make sure the proper equations are used to get an accurate measurement. While I'm not at the same level as you, I'm a fellow basshead in for the fun of the addiction lol
I'll prolly see this in the morning and think wtf was I thinking lol thank god for auto correct

Sent from my galaxy S3 using FRF App

Honestly, exact pinpoint accuracy isn't a remote concern for me. I could care less how much power I make I'm just concerned with the score, however this is a good method to use to see if the changes I have made did increase power, which in turn increases in my goal.
2000 Ford Expedition - IASCA Adv3/Heavyweight 160dB+ -SOLD-