View Single Post

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Ranger induced crazy

Default Will the ranger forgive me?

A week and a half ago the family and I headed out for our yearly camping trip. On the way to camp I agreed to stop and take a look at a truck for a buddy of mine at one of those "Truck Only" dealerships. We pulled in and started to look around a little bit. Found a couple trucks that I saw online and the one my buddy wanted me to look at. I gave it the once over took it for a spin and let him know what I thought (he went down and got it the next day). Durring this time my wife had been looking pretty intently at 2 different truck. An 04 crew cab and an 04 Supercab. Durring the course of conversation she said "It would be nice if you had a truck that we could all fit in a little better", which caught me off guard a little bit (I found out a few days later that she had an alterior motive, she wants a camping trailer that is too big for the ranger to pull). I asked if that was premission and got a nod, as long at the money side made since. Already having an idea of what I wanted in a full size truck we went to looking. All my wife wanted was to be able to climb into it with out a ladder, which was fine with me. My wife pointed out the crew cab that she had been looking at. NIce truck and we tried for it but at 125,000 miles the bank would go for it. so we look at the Super cab that she had also looked at while I was looking at my buddies truck. I have to admit, I was looking at the same truck on the internet the day before but figured I didnt have much of a chance getting it past her. Long stroy short, I got a new truck. Got $3500 for the Ranger and made the dealership put new tires on. This truck will do everything I will ever want a truck to do.

New Truck:

2004 Ford F250 Lariet
Supercab longbed
FX4 4x4
6.0L Powerstroke, 325 HP, 570 ft-pds torque
6 speed automotic
69,800 miles
Getting 19 mpg ( a little better than the ranger)
Range; 600+ miles
Front bumper: Coyote Canyon (only link I could find)http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conver...s/201894767017

Last edited by deerchser; 08-19-2010 at 08:44 AM.