View Single Post

Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Welcome to FRF, & enjoy!

Default Installed 94-04 Mustang GT rear brakes .... pics

I finally did it said good bye to my CRAPPY drum brakes that needed more wheel cylinders then i had time to care for. you have to love MI road salt and destroying them constantly.

First 2 Huge thank you's to Brandon(redrocket) for getting the parts from the junk yard, surprisingly there is hardly any mustangs in the junk yards up here. And David (forgot s/n) for stopping by at just the right moment and going and getting me shorter brake lines (bought to long originally) and helping me bleed the brakes I would still be out there if he had not stopped by to help.

ok I am gonna post some pics and explanations of something there is the How-To and installing the 94-04 Cobra brakes on the rear but I will show some stuff for people that want to use GT. Not everyone is running 16+ wheels and want the larger brakes. plus I will show some things that were not shown on the How-To.

ok jack up the truck and take the wheels off

Now get rid of all that drum brake crap! (my fav part! lol)

Now you need to remove the rear diff and rotate the carrier around till you see the center pin bolt. remove it and the center pin. (FYI if you are an open diff have fun with the spider gears) now with the center pin removed push on the axles and release the C-clips take them out. now you can remove the axles to get the backing plate off

now with the axle removed unbolt the rear backing plates, now with the backing plate out of the way you can install the mustang brackets on the back side of the axle flange that you already cut...

now I used the stock mustang soft lines and also used shorter hard lines from the distribution block. you will need an adapter (pictured) to do this any auto parts store should have it.

Now install all the new mustang parts. FYI on the caliper brackets to the main brackets I had to install a Washer in between them to get the correct spacing on the disc. washer can be seen on the 3rd picture down. Spacing shown on the 4th

Now thats where my photo's end you still need to install the new hard lines to the adapter then to the soft lines and bleed the brakes ALSO DO NOT forget to install the diff cover and refill LOL.... I ran out of light so that's all i have for tonight.
33x13.50 Toyo M/T, 15x10, Body Lift, Rebuilt OHV, JBA headers, Hurst shifter, Warn VR10000-s, Class 1 bars, Belltech Shackles, Mustang GT rear disc, Level II hooks, Modded rear hitch, Custom front hitch, Level II Blue seats and black console, Explorer IRS rear cover, Extang fulltilt, Leer Cap Yakima Roof Rack, Cobra 29 with firestik stake mount, Scangauge II
Few mods