View Single Post

Old 08-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Ford Rangers

Default Re: FAST Fabrication 94 b4000 turn into SNORE class 7 race truck

Finished the back panel, the ends were hard without metal shaping tools to match compound bends... So we did our best did not worry about having a straight line on bottom, didn’t matter because we had to cover up the square cut our on driver side.... looks good and hella strong, the 1" tube that they put between cab fell out as we were welding the cage to the plate, so might not bother with cutting a hole and running a tube to frame and floor.

The tube that was sitting in there

not sure if anyone has ever done this, but I came up with an idea to help with the scoop getting air to the coolers, but more so to strengthen the corner/back of cab were 2 pieces were cut out on each side (guessing because first cage was removed) and I myself welded the insides closed back together as far up as I could get the nozzle in and the driver side the gap between them was just too big, got tired or trying to bridge a 1/4" plus gap. So this piece welds to sliding glass window edge (were both pieces were cut from so adding a piece to weld not only the two pieces to the plate but also to outside skin, and then it goes to the extended cab window edge pass were the cab was cut off so strengthening that as well) It is super strong I like it, would of put dimples or our name in it, but then defeats purpose of pushing air through smoothly

Seat harness are done

I had a question on the seat mounts; we have the front tube that we made hoop over the tranny hump. Because of how far the cage is from the side, the seats sliders only allow for one notch movement because of b pillar on back movement and hoop over tranny on front mount. Do you have to have two bars going all the way across, or can I cut the hoop part and weld a plate from the front floor bar to either back bar or the cab floor were stock front seat mounts were?

We got the engine oil cooler in yesterday will be getting lots of parts these next weeks, I pick a different color for the truck going with one single color will show it at the expo. Along with our fiberglass dash/scoops/and visor. I think we are going to make a mold for a visor and sell them cheap, even cheaper if you don’t want gel coated.