View Single Post

Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Like the Forums

Default My 3.0L V6 Intake Modification have some questions

Hello guys, this my second post on this forum, I just bought a 2005 Ranger Edge 2 days ago and before finding this website I decided to make an air intake modification and I was wondering if has anyone done the same thing I did? and how does it compare to a K&N drop in filter using the original modified airbox? (I just found out that there is a mod for the airbox)

When I drove the ranger from the dealer to my home it felt very slow, it didnt had the power to pull you back, as soon I got home I removed the air filter and did a short drive, the improvement was very noticable.

I decided to buy a cone filter and remove the airbox completly, I modified the top cover of the airbox and added the cone filter to it, the ranger feels more stronger and opens up a lot better than before when it had the airbox and no filter. I was able to make the second gear chirp the tires, and 3rd - 4rd gear feels more responsive.

I'm thinking about doing a wall made of ABS plastic between the engine and cone filter to mantain the hot air from coming in, but before I do that my question would be whats the stock airbox modification using the drop in K&N filter? will it work better that the mod I did on mine? I can still go back to the stock airbox and put a K&N filter on it if it's better, I just need to get a new top cover for the airbox at my local junkyard.

Tips welcome

Here are some pics of my ranger and the mod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0155.jpg (52.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0159.jpg (84.4 KB, 60 views)