View Single Post

Old 09-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: How to install Timing Belt Tensioner/Pulley?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash Ranger View Post
Thats good.
When i first put my timing belt back on, my blind dad "thought" he had found the marks, but didnt. I should have checked, but he was sure. To be honest, im not sure why he was even there lol.
The truck had a horrible miss and wouldnt run over 30 mph and wouldnt climb hills.
After i took it back off, he had it off 3 or 4 notches and thats how much of a difference it made. I set it correctly and it runs great now.
I have a feeling im gonna be replacing a few timing belts over the years. Its not bad, its just time consuming.
Ehhh can't blame dads for trying to help. Just gotta be extra careful next time, i read somewhere that setting the timing off can literally destroy a motor.

And on that note, i must've celebrated too soon. Took the truck out for a 20 mile or so drive, finally threw her on the highway too, and now she's shooting white smoke out the from where the intake mani and head meet, loss of power and loud ticking noise. She even stalled out on me a couple times and had to let her sit for about an hour before i could turn her on again. So much for the head gasket being the only issue with this engine

She was driving fine too for the first 50 or so miles i put on her. Then again i never really took her past 50mph till i hit the highway.

Last edited by mav17; 09-28-2013 at 06:48 AM.