View Single Post

Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 AM
I has a mazda

Send a message via Yahoo to ecdak
Default Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Well I came across this thread because my speedo does not work and I have to get into my dash to fix, it it what the book says to do and the step by step guide is a great help. Not sure when I will do this, prolly in the next few days, any one have any pointers for the speedo part of this job? Thankfully, I guess, I have a dashlight out right over the most important part of the speedo, right at 65 mph, so I will be killing 2 birds with one stone. One other thing and I guess it is not that important, the book, Haynes, says to disconnect the neg side of the battery if you have airbags. I am guessing no one ran into the problem of them deploying? I have a 97mazda b2300 btw. I am curious also as the book says to just take the radio out, but I see the whole cluster was pulled on this how to. Is it just easier to pull the whole cluster as you need a special tool for the radio? anyways, good how to thread. I now feel way more confident to do this now. I will time myself to see how I stack up. lol