View Single Post

Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Interesting Brake Issue

Me and a buddy recently redid the brakes on my 96. Having never needed to do this before (my first brake job on my first vehicle) I watched him do the brakes on my passenger side. In my old rotors, there were small, thin circular pieces of metal (which now im assuming are sensors of sorts) that had to be put in the new rotors. But when he took it out of the passenger side, he bent it, which left me hammering it back into shape. After having watched him to see how its done (or not lol), I did the driver side myself. Rotors and pads are all brand new.

Now that the backstory is done, heres the issue.

When I start my truck, my ABS light is not on. As I drive, it is not unusual for my truck to pull hard to the right and the pedal to feel very stiff and grind as I try to stop. This however stops after a few attempts, and my ABS light turns on in my dash. Then my brakes work perfect. Im assuming that the reason for this is what I think (he bent that piece of metal, which must be an ABS sensor) but I was just looking to see what anyone else thought, since Im not the most mechanically inclined and im relying on my deductive reasoning here.

If this is the issue, what is the name of this piece and how much does it cost? Id like to resolve it

MODS: Dual 12 inch L5 Kickers, 20% window tint all around

PLANNED: body work, new paint

Last edited by jimbo96; 08-07-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: forgot details