View Single Post

Old 09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Learning to use the forums

Question Newish to Rangers, need some help.

Hey all, I've had my ranger for a few months now and I have a few questions for all you experts. I have a 2000 XLT, 4.0 V6, etc. I've installed a small body lift, put on the newer tires and wheels, installed a K&N FIPK Cold air intake, and a few other minor things. Included is a some what recent photo. I understand you may not want to answer all of these, so please just post any info you can spare.

Q#1 How do I get rid of the gap that the red arrow points to? I know it's caused by the body lift, but can I just raise the bumper up on its mounting bracket? Or is it more complicated than that?

Q#2 What is this plastic piece along the bottom of the bumper? I've seen people referring to a similar piece as a "Valance". I ask this because it doesn't have anywhere for fogs light in it like most of the others I've seen. There are even a few green and black wires dangling from the front and back (dunno what the back ones were for) that make me think the PO removed them and did a terrible job hiding/covering the wires. Regardless, I want fog lights haha

Q#3 I like the look of the 06+ fender flares. Will they fit on my 2000?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm always looking for ways to make the Ranger look better, so any and all suggestions concerning upgrades, both mechanical and exterior, ARE VERY WELCOME! Thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mytruck2.jpg (91.1 KB, 47 views)