View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Rocket Scientist

Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default Re: any FRF photographers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 View Post
here are the pics I wanted to post up, I think these are the best ones I have taken to date, but I think a lot of that has to with the lighting outside:
...and, I think, the available lighting was ideal for the situation, but you were lacking a bit in knowledge/techique to take advantage of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 View Post
-- this one, for instance, is well composed as far as subject matter goes, but there's a problem with the lighting - the variance between the brightest and darkest parts of the composed frame is broader than the dynamic range of the camera's CCD sensor (in older days, it'd be the dynamic range of the film).

There are a couple of ways to correct this, and the easiest/cheapest does not involve purchasing a new camera -- you just need a reflector or two and/or a soft fill-flash to throw some light into the lower front (valence area) of the car to bring that detail out.

Some of the more expensive cameras have auto modes that will do these things for you, and/or manual modes that let you tweak things a bit... and with those, you can get by without necessarily needing any reflectors or fill-flash.

Great photographs have more to do with the photographer than with the equipment. I think you'd be better served spending your "up to $400" budget on a photography course than on another camera. IMHO.

Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock