View Single Post

Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Stupidity should hurt

Default Help, please...want to lift 2010 Ranger Sport 4x4

Hi all,

First of all, if this thread is in wrong location, please let me know. I am a somewhat new member. Joined several months ago, after ordering my current truck (2010 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4). Took almost five months to get her delievered to Germany (Army, stationed here).

So, here is what I am trying to do: lift my truck, not too much though (3" max). I know I'll need bigger tires. Currently have stock (Goodyear P255/70R16).

My situation: Stationed in Germany (till November 2013). Limited (VERY LIMITED) places off post to purchase ANY truck accessories. However, www.autozone.com rocks (ship free to military overseas). Have somewhat limited tools, but can go to Auto Craft Shop (bunch of bays, lifts and tools provided for low price of $4.50/hr). Mechanical knowledge is average (worked as a Millwright Apprentice (Industrial) for right over a year before joining Army (after 9/11), so I do know my way around tools somewhat (no welding though, as I really am pathetic with a welder)).

Anyone with any suggestions on what sort of lift to get, please let me know. Been looking at both suspension and body, but after some research, feel body would suite my purposes pretty good (not cheap, just frugal), and only do limited off-roading. Please keep in mind that I'll be trying to install it myself, with some friends, and a case or so of Bud Light...

In regards to finances, married with three kids. Wife does not want me to go overboard, so...

Any info, first hand experiences, tips are very much appreciated. Still a country boy at heart (East Tennessee), so can't have a 4x4 that looks like someone just put the 4x4 sticker on for giggles.

Thanks,

Steve

Previous Ford Rangers:
1985 4cl Ranger, 5 speed. 2WD
1997 4cl XLT, 5 speed, 2WD
2005 3.0 Edge, 2WD