Thread: 2.9 performance
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopete View Post
Atomization is what happens to fuel (mist), when the air fuel mixture ignites, this is call combustion.
Oh is that how that works. C'mon are you serious?
Quote:
You do realize that the 2.9L is a batch fire engine?
You've got me there a batch fire engine cannot benifit from better combustion. . . . .
Quote:
In the end, spark is spark. What you're describing is not going to make a notable difference here.
You have got to be kidding me. Spark in a controlled enviroment. Your killing me here.
C'mon sparky try and keep up.

Quote:
They've had multiple grounding electrodes for a long time, this is nothing new. The biggest benefit is extended plug life, same with plugs being made with precious metals. I'd rather change plugs sooner to monitor what's happening in my cylinders, but that's just me.
Yea I suppose your right reduced resistance doesn't add up to hooey in the ignition system. . . Have you ever changed the plugs in a 4.0 2001 or newer Ranger? Not nice but besides he was looking to increase performance, not improve his engine monitoring habits, Focus here, are you taking your medications?

Quote:
Electricity also follows the least path of resistance, so those multi-grounding plugs still only have one spark at a time copper is a very good conductor and also dissipates heat well.
Hmm, again speaking far beyond what you apparently understand . . . . . Atomized vapor is, get this, conductive. . .
Let that sink in. So think about it very long and careful, the barrier for the arc is nullified by the vapor. i.e. the spark rides the vapor just like conductor, just like lightning disperses out then down(or in further education up). By having the purer nodes it allows the spark to hit at multiple points, igniting a "greater area" of the chamber. . . . . You should prolly read about this little thing called hemispherical combustion. . . . . When you understand the reason and benifit it'll help get you past this affair with copper and help this guy out.

Quote:
Still waiting on your response as to what is wrong with copper core plugs in a mildly build engine?
Did you read his post he wanted better. You go buy 2 new stock ford cars, I'll upgrade the ignition and you run stock victor takes his car home, i.e. me = ) Last I knew my F150's came with platinum plugs I must have missed the Forced induction on the options list? It also seems kind of idiotic that you posted Newer hype plugs lead to detonation and yet you only recommend using them in the set-ups prone to detonation? Are you actually reading what you post?

Quote:
You do notice I said that applies to their product, right? The statement was relative to you saying that MSD Blaster II and using copper core plugs was some sort of problem? Must be fine if they recommend them.
I wonder how many NHRA or NASCAR teams run them. . . . . ?
He is not looking for fine he is looking for better. . . . . Focus young skywalker. . .

Quote:
I brought up the Accel statement because you seem to feel a simple coil justifies as an aftermarket ignition system (hardy even so).
Hmmm, You got me there an Accel MS Pack is nothing like the MS D Pack. . . . . And I guess that you are saying a stock Ford coil is just as hot as a Blaster II epoxy coil? Yeah Ford. . .

Quote:
I am sure with your bolt-ons, your Ranger is a real power house as well.
I'd put it up against your 2.9 anyday. . . . . smartie

Quote:
Funny you should bring a completely different engine in to this.
Actually the dual spark plug design on the 2.3L actually completes the burn better. There is a larger area of spark, results in better emissions and slightly better fuel economy.
No what is funny is that you dismiss any benifit from a wider arc field, but yet you defend the engineering that put two plugs in one cylinder. Are you actually reading my responses? Do you actually understand what you are saying?

Quote:
Exactly. Just as long as sheeple will buy it, they will manufacture it.
Pete
It seems to be so, you bought their copper spark is just as potent as everything else?
You have to think about the enviroment. Sure .5amps is .5amps, but if standing in a fireworks factory would a 50cal. bullet get a bigger bang or an incendiary grenade. . . . .

This one better work Iam gonna copy it first.

Man my fingers are tired if this doesn't help you out then I am afraid I have to agree. Best of luck!
Custom Ram Air, K&N, Ported / Matched intake, JBA 9mm wires,
Tweeked FPR, EBC 6k's, DynoMax-S CatBack, Jet-Chip, Reflex shocks,
New Anvil Mounts, Timbren's, Optima Yellow, DB 220A Alt. w/4g. jumper,
Western snow plow, More2Come

Last edited by 02'4.04x4; 09-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.