View Single Post

Old 07-15-2013, 04:07 AM
No wire hangers, ever!

Default Re: How to: Rear disc brake conversion for stock Ranger rear end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers75th View Post
Is a proportion valve something necessary to have if doin the swap without changing axles?
Nope.

Perhaps I'm wrong - but 95% of the people never even inquire about one.

Even my SSBC conversion kit doesn't come with one & it's made & engineered specifically for the Ranger.

That said, it seems like they sell an aftermarket valve setup that may work if people think they are having issues (SSBC - Adjustable Proportioning Valve).

For what it's worth, here is what SSBC has to say about the matter in the install manual that came with my rear disc conversion kit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBC Install Manual
Proportioning valve (optional):

a) The factory installed fixed proportioning valve is incorporated into the rear circuit of the master cylinder. Our road tests indicate that it is not necessary to remove or disable this valve. However, should the user feel that rear wheel lock up occurs under some service conditions, requiring additional control, an adjustable proportioning valve is available from SSBC.

b) If a valve is used, install it in the brake line from the master cylinder serving the rear brakes. The Out port goes to the rear brake side.

c) When bleeding the system, adjust the valve by turning the knob clockwise until it stops. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN, THIS COULD DAMAGE THE VALVE.

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 07-15-2013 at 04:10 AM.