Thread: 2.9 performance
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Psycho Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02'4.04x4 View Post
For atomization what works better and single overkill or a wide pattern for igniting compressed vapor. . . . .
Atomization is what happens to fuel (mist), when the air fuel mixture ignites, this is call combustion.

You do realize that the 2.9L is a batch fire engine?

In the end, spark is spark. What you're describing is not going to make a notable difference here.

Quote:
Wonder why companies would have spent millions, designing alternate grounding nodes? As for running copper vs. anything else. . . are you kidding me? the direct purpouse of the modified plugs is resistance(ohms) per part, and atmospheric resistance. . . . .
They've had multiple grounding electrodes for a long time, this is nothing new. The biggest benefit is extended plug life, same with plugs being made with precious metals. I'd rather change plugs sooner to monitor what's happening in my cylinders, but that's just me.
Electricity also follows the least path of resistance, so those multi-grounding plugs still only have one spark at a time. Copper is a very good conductor and also dissipates heat well.
Still waiting on your response as to what is wrong with copper core plugs in a mildly build engine?

Quote:
whay dont you ask MSD what MSD stands for and then compare Accel MS coil packs to MSD, Hmm, something seems relative in that statement.
You do notice I said that applies to their product, right? The statement was relative to you saying that MSD Blaster II and using copper
core plugs was some sort of problem? Must be fine if they recommend them.

I brought up the Accel statement because you seem to feel a simple coil justifies as an aftermarket ignition system (hardy even so).

Quote:
With your inherent knowledge of the workings of engine components I'm sure your 2.9 that you know and have is a real monster. . . . .(sarcastically joking)
I am sure with your bolt-ons, your Ranger is a real power house as well.

Quote:
Another freebie for you: Imagine a motor company by your definiton stupid enough to build a motor developed over thousands of hours of engineering that would incorporate two spark plugs in the design of the motor. . . . .
it would be a complete waste and produce no more power than a single copper plug. . . . .
Funny you should bring a completely different engine in to this.
Actually the dual spark plug design on the 2.3L actually completes the burn better. There is a larger area of spark, results in better emissions and slightly better fuel economy.

Quote:
P.S. Keep in mind when propagandizing, they have to sell their product to as many people as possible. =)
Exactly. Just as long as sheeple will buy it, they will manufacture it.

Pete