View Single Post

Old 07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Default Re: Do Cops have anything better to do in MD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesturbo94 View Post
x2 granted I'm not a cop but I know plenty of them, yes some laws seem stupid or just there to be annoying but they all have become a law for one reason or another so even if I don't get why it's illegal I still obay them as much as possiable, granted my truck has modified exhaust and such since it's turboed and all, I personally have been lucky and got fix it warnings becuase when I got my truck things weren't legal and I was able to show the officer proof that I had ordered the parts to correct the issue, simple fact that u obay the laws you won't get a ticket.
Clinton you may be able to answer this I've always wondered just haven't asked the gfs aunt who's a stater yet. Why is it that we as public can only have a certian percent tint but as law enforcement your cars can have limo status tint? Is it a safety thing for the cop cars? I undrstand the civilian restriction for safety reason so if an officer was to approach he can see the driver but I dint get why enforcement cars are allowed to have limo tint
Certain states have certain laws on tint. In a general answer, there are a couple different answers for tint. One, as a vehicle passes, and when a car is approached occupants can not be seen. Second it can impair a drivers sight, passing, intersections and so forth. As far as I know in the area in PA and NJ, unmarked police cars get tinted for surveillance purposes, marked units are not, but like I said states and tint laws vary.