View Single Post

Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Ford Motor Co

Default Re: How To: Put L.E.D. strips in your cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by foutd77 View Post
Okay well I feel really stupid for having to ask this question, I was in the process of doing this tonight and all was going well, only took around 30mins to get it all wired up, I identified the dome light wire with a test light and was sure I had the right one, I wired it while everything was hot and was sure it was the correct (pink and black wire) as when I snipped it the dome light went out.

Here's my problem, now my dome light won't go out, at all I'm tapped in the same wire as the write up, and the LED's work fine when the switch is rolled all the way up they go on and off, but the dome light is on all the time.

I started reversing the process looking for the problem and here is the real stumper I disconnected the same black and pink wire that controls the dome light from the dimmer switch and the dome light IS STILL ON I don't even know how this is possible, I can pull the fuse and make the light go out, but I have no idea what's going on. I checked the door switches to see if by some freak chance a door ajar switch randomly failed and that isn't the case. I have no idea how this happened any help would be AWESOME

PLEASE HELP

Okay time to confess this was a real head banger once I figured it out....I had a helper come into the garage to see how I was doing and left the passenger side door open about a half inch.

I feel pretty stupid right now as I had torn down the drivers side door to check the "door ajar" sensors again and rewired everything like three times. I had even pulled out the service manual to start looking at relays to see if I some how fried something there in the process. Wish i had held off 20 mins on posting that first cry for help but thought I'd confess my stupidity.
2001 Ford Ranger (Obviously), 3.0 Edge, 2wd, Single Cab, Manual Trans, Explorer Axle Swap 4.10 gears, Rear Disc Brakes, Air Lift Helper Air Bags, 31" BFG's, Corbeau Seats, Custom Console, Console Vault,Yakima Rack, Dual Hella's mounted behind the grille, aux. reverse lights, Trailer Brake Controler and lots of TLC 250,000 miles and still ticking. Contemplating 4bt Swap when the tired 3.0 finally gives up.