View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Clutch problem on 2005 ranger manual transmission

I have a 2005 ranger std cab 2.3 liter has a manual transmission . My truck has 59 thousand miles on it and just 3 days ago i drove to work and everything was good no problem , then i come out to go to lunch and my clutch is really squishy so when i got home i opened the reservoir up and it was empty unfortunately this was the first time i had ever even looked at it in a 2 years so yes i should check these things more often ! but anyways aftyer i put the fluid in i drove the truck around and it was good clutch was normal so i figured i did not to bleed it out .. the next day i go to work and on my way to work its starts again and gets squishy the clutch would not let it engage into gear ... while in gear the truck is fine it does not slip at all runs perfect ... i got to work and checked the lfluid to see if i was loosing any and it was fine so a buddy and i bled the clutch out and then it worked fine again ... until the next day it is squishy again but the reservoir still has fluid in it and has not dropped at all ... i am wondering if anyone has had this problem before im thinking its the slave cylinder but i dont wanna just drop the tranny and change that if its just the master cylinder .... so can anyone help me please haha thanks guys !!