View Single Post

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: Ocala Meet n Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenoFL View Post
We have 4x4s. Where should we get this from? 4wheelparts?
The #1 bars can only be found in the junkyard, or brand new from Ford for like $130 each. They are found in trucks and Explorers with a front spring code of "1" or "11". If you check your certification label on the door, you should be able to see which bars you have under the Spring section. Since you're 4x4, you should either have an 11 code, or a BB code. The only trucks that should have F or FF spring codes are the 4x2 Edge and Sport trucks, like mine.

Adam and I picked our #1 bars up from a local (to me) junkyard. Mine came from a 99 Ranger 4x4, his came from a 99 Explorer 5.0. We only paid $40 for them.

The AAL and the Shackles can be ordered from any off-road parts house, like 4WheelParts, Summit, etc.

Your truck actually has the "lowered" torsion keys. If you swap your Torsion Keys with ones from a 98-2006 Ranger, you'll actually gain some lift in the front just by doing that. It's called the "Pre-Key" Mod.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99white4x4 View Post
I dont know if i'll be lifting my truck anymore, Just thought about this lol I dont know if i will have to extend anything because I already have a lift
Body lift or Keys?