View Single Post

Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM
No wire hangers, ever!

Default Re: What lift do you have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Torsion Keys aren't a problem until you max them out. That's when the issues start.
I agree - other than lightening your wallet - they won't cause any issues until you crank those aftermarket keys.

Adding height is addicting, so people crank them more - but suspension changes should be accomplished correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
So you do get more lift, by being able to twist the bar more.
Yep, that's true - but it doesn't mean it's a good thing.

A person will just magnify the stiffness & potential damage to front end components by cranking aftermarket keys.

I honestly can't believe that aftermarket keys are still being sold. Seems to be a recent push, and they have got to be one of the most half-ass ways ever of getting more height than what the stock torsion bars can provide.

Remember: "Just because you can - doesn't mean you should"

Either crank your factory torsion bars and be done with it, or if you want more height than what that provides - man up, drop the required cash to do it correctly and get a real suspension lift.

People always find it hard to resist cranking aftermarket torsion bars (Like I said, adding height is addicting) - and that's when the real problems surface.

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 06-27-2013 at 10:58 AM.