View Single Post

Old 07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Flyin High

Default Did the shackle flip!

Ok I finally got it back together at 10:30 last night! I don't care what you say, that was a PIA. The rivets are impossible to drill out. They are 7/16 steel rivets and after being driven into the frame they are super hard. So with the angle grinder they are no problem as long as you can get the grinding wheel in between the frame. Once I got the back of the rivet off I had to punch the rivet out which is not easy either. The bottom 2 came out clean with a lot pounding. The top 2 came out of the frame but stayed in the bracket. So more grinding and a little pounding and the bracket is free of the rivets. A little paint on any bare metal and put it all back together. I really like it leveled but man it was tough. Maybe it was tough cuz I was doing it by myself or that I'm almost 60.................no, it was a PIA!
Before.......I know, it's dirty.

After.........and clean.
PNW CREW