View Single Post

Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Welcome to FRF, & enjoy!

Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGinger View Post
I liked my M9 on deployments. The capacity is nice. And personally, I think it's a very usable and efficient weapon. The 1911 is heavy. It's a very nice weapon. But, it's slow unless modified. That's just my opinion though.
Heavy? yes an all stainless one sure. my 1911 Champion weights just less then my XDsc because the lower frame is alum. Its my every day carry.. and Slow gun? are in insane or just never owned a decent UN-modified 1911... my springers are not slow guns at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
I think the biggest thing I hate about the M9 is the caliber. 9mm is too fast of a round to be terribly effective in FMJ, the .45 ACP is superior in a FMJ in that regard, not to mention the 1911 is a better all around gun, heavy yes but thats a trade off for its build and accuracy.
1000000% agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
I dont have anything against "rubbermaid" guns at all, in fact I carry one almost daily when Im not carrying my 1911. Its just that Glock was my first plastic gun I experienced and I hated it, thats why I disregarded rubbermaid guns for years. Ive since changed my stance on plastic guns. (except for Glock, still gate them) And yes, I am a 1911 snob too I guess, there is no denying that the over 100 year old design is one of the most time tested and battle proven pistol designs of all time, I think every serious shooter should have a John Moses Browning designed weapon in their arsenal. I cant have an M2 so I have to settle for a 1911! lol

Btw the accuracy and caliber reference was to the M9, not the Glocks. I know the Glocks come in several calibers, they even have their own (.45 GAP)
.45 gap god forsaken round thats a whole thread in itself.

First plastic gun I ever shot was also a glock. which I couldnt stand at all. almost turned me into a revolver guy because I hated them so much. Till I found XD line then I finally liked plastic again...

Then I bought a 1911... its all down hill now. I could careless about plastic guns imo...
33x13.50 Toyo M/T, 15x10, Body Lift, Rebuilt OHV, JBA headers, Hurst shifter, Warn VR10000-s, Class 1 bars, Belltech Shackles, Mustang GT rear disc, Level II hooks, Modded rear hitch, Custom front hitch, Level II Blue seats and black console, Explorer IRS rear cover, Extang fulltilt, Leer Cap Yakima Roof Rack, Cobra 29 with firestik stake mount, Scangauge II
Few mods