View Single Post

Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: high mileage ranger worth it?

Well I passed up the old Ranger I was getting and went searching on Craigslist for Rangers and Ford Contours(both vehicles I am very familiar with) Found a Ford Contour in a wrecked condition. I wouldn't of bothered, but it is a 1998 with 44,000 miles, and besides the damaged front, busted radiator and windshield, the car is brand new in every way. I went to see it as it was local and didn't expect that much, but thought it was worth a look. So glad I did, because you'd think it would be crap that old with very little miles from sitting around, but man I was wrong.

The story is, her grandparents gave her their old car for college, she put it in the ditch a month ago and ruined the front sheet metal, fenders etc... I inspected it for over an hour and the main frame, firewall and all the alignment all looked untouched...the bumber, fenders and entire front sheet metal caught the most force from the wreck, airbags deployed. It runs and drives perfectly....just like a new car. Obviously a garaged car and smells like new inside, interior is flawless like sitting in a new car.

So it's busted windshield, radiator, both fenders, front bumper cover, airbags, and a torn CV joint boot. I know I can get some cheap parts to fix it, I know these cars inside and out....soo I offered 800 plus tow it to my place and he agreed.

It's worth a chance to me and if I can get all of it fixed....It'll be a 44,000 mile, Z-tec powered, nice car for under 1,500 bucks.

----------

Will I get banned for posting pictures of a Contour on a Ranger forum? Well, it's still a Ford, lol.