View Single Post

Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default 1994 b2300 broken timing belt

Hey guys my buddy was going to junk his 1994 Mazda B 2300 2.3 because the timing belt broke and he got it torn down to crank shaft pulley but couldn't get the bolt out. It sat almost two years in the driveway and I offered him scrap value of 200 for it and be accepted. He already bought the belt so I'm gonna attemp to finish and reassemble. I think I got some bolts missing so I'm looking for a schematic so I can order replacements for things like mounting radiator, timing cover, steering pump (non a/c) etc. also he broke the transmission cooler line right behind the fitting at the radiator. I'm gonna attempt a rubber hose repair with clamps but will need suggestions on how make it work because there is barely enough tube left at the fitting to clamp too. Also there is surface rust starting to form on outside exposed engine parts even though hood was closed and the coolant is all drained. Looking for pointers and what to expect with reassembly after sitting so long.

----------

Can I get the belt on and safely attempt to start without total reassembly of power steering, radiator, serpentine belt etc. don't wanna waste time totally assembling and money buying fasteners and fixing trans cooler line if she won't run anyway. Not gonna sink a lot of money In this one. It's totally for hauling lawn mowers and stuff.