View Single Post

Old 05-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: 2001-2009 Ranger Model Break Down

Just bought a 2004 Ranger Edge 4x4 and am unsure exactly what I have on my hands as far as what is stock and what isn't. I've read and re-read the 2004 specs but can't make sense of what I actually have. So, here's a short breakdown:
Bright Red; single cab; 3.0L; Manual trans; manual doors,windows,mirrors (they fold away w/chrome caps); am/fm/casette/cd; tilt steering; white gauges; vinyl flooring; chrome bar grille; solid back window; flareside bed (it's fiberglass-I only know this b/c the paint is chipped on one edge and I can see fibers); powerdome hood (I think anyway--is this fiberglass too???); fog lights; color matched bumpers; black tow hooks; heavy duty hitch; skid plates; 5 spoke 16" wheels; rear diff is blue (???); 265/75/R16 (and looks like larger tires will fit w/o mods--has it been lifted?); plastic bed liner
I am unsure about the diff gearing and whether or not they're L/S or open as it's not in front of me....it's in the shop STILL (2wks now) b/c it died on my way to work a few days after buying it...it's under warranty and is getting new motor internals as well as fuel pump, line and filter
Anyway, I didn't see some of the options this truck has listed on the specs in this forum and am puzzled.
Oh, and the doors were FILLED with water...I pulled the tiny black rectangles out of the bottom of both doors and several gallons flushed out...is this type of water retention normal or did the previous owner use it as a submarine?