Thread: Football talk
View Single Post

Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
2006 - 4x4 - 4.0L - XLT

Default Re: Football talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian88 View Post
All the chiefs needed was a QB and some help on the offensive line. We have bowe and baldwin (which I think will prove himself this year) for receiving and charles for RB. Now that we have a QB that is good we can actually utilize our passing plays. We also have Moeaki as a TE and he hands fantastic hands. Our defense is already really good. Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson. The chiefs weakest point is their defensive line, they can never penetrate the offensive line for a sack.

Sent from my old school HTC EVO Shift so I can screw off at work whenever I want
Yea I agree with all those points except for Alex Smith. Its a huge question mark whether or not he will be reliable. If you look at Alex Smith's stats since he came in the league, the only time he played well was under Harbaugh the last 2 seasons. Under coaches other than Harbaugh, he was not a solid QB by any means. He could just be one of those players that flourishes under one coach and not another. Or he could have developed into a better QB because of his playing time under Harbaugh. That is yet to be seen.

Remember, Cassel played amazing in NE when Brady got hurt. Then came to KC, didnt do well in his first year. In his second year, with Weis as the O-Coordinator, he had a fantastic year. Then after Weis left, Cassel went downhill again. So my point is, some QBs are only as good as their coaches. We'll have to see how Smith turns out.