View Single Post

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Keep it running first!

Default Re: Kingoverace: 98 SAS - Enter at own risk!

Now sitting on 35s! 7" of lift total. 4.10s, D44 SAS with 8.8 Rear

Now the SAS still needs work. I need to remount the yota box with less angle on steering shaft because of the body lift. I'm currently fabrincating my own shock towers to hold my Pro Comp 3000s. And making my own adjustable Coil buckets; credit to Ballistic Fabrications, who make them for $90. They just wont make a small adjustment I requested do to it going against their recomendations. I need to get a trac bar mount fabricated as well. And lastly I need to do the brake lines.

That all aside, I took a break from the SAS and did some other work.
Pulled that 3.0 that was siezed.

Got my new baby. 4.0 OHV and 4r55e Just had a full rebiuld less than 500 miles ago.

The 4.0 is in now. Now I'm finding a few more problems. The elctrical harness will need some doing and also the OHV has 2 fuel lines running off the motor versus my current fuel pump which has a 1 line system. Think I have a solution for that so i can fire this baby up.

Taking a break from that as well. Lol. I went to the back of the truck one last time to make sure everything was 100% Overall, cleaned it up a little more and layed down some more paint. Forgot to mention. I added a Xploder leaf and 1 other leaf to my pack. However, the main leaf is shot and needs to be replaced. Before the Xploder leaf it was laying flat and level.

Something i felt was a must, I added a crossmember inside the frame in the rear. To avoid some frame twisted when pulling on my rear tow hook. Had to cut out the tire carrier which had a siezed crane on it anyways and I felt was garbage. Now I need to get a brace fabricated for my tow hook since the old one's angle won't work with my new cross member.

Either way, I've procrastenated long enough. Time to go back to the SAS and 4.0 swap and get this thing wheeling again!!!!
Smoked Altezza tails
2" T-Bar Crank
03 headlights/grill
3" Body Lift
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3840375
Jэʀsэy ʀᴧɴɢэʀ сʀэW

Last edited by Kingoverace; 05-09-2013 at 07:39 AM.