View Single Post

Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
If it works,don't fix it!

Default Re: Engine miss.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
Went on Goggle and search and found out how to change a Ford Ranger fuel filter. piece of cake once I relieve pressure on system. Had no problems disconnecting the 3 fuel line. Had about a cap of fuel come out of the lines and had to drain old filter in bucket.

Had more probem with a small line that is secured on the bottom of the fuel filter bracket. What a PIA. Installed new filter and put the small line in bracket. Secured it all and decided to ck on line and of course it had come out of bracket. Had to loosen filter bracket again and reinstall small line. Secured bracket to frame and started vehicle and let it run a few minutes and checked for leaks. No leaks noted. What a dum ass place to put a line.................

Truck still had a slight miss but maybe it will get better once I run it for a while. Next adventure is to clean or replace the EGR valve. This may be clog up.

Just want you all to know that the truck is running better but who knows I may have to live with that miss. Just wanted to say Thank You for all of your input into my problem.
U all had some great ideas.................Thanks again.................
Your welcome ,I hope the video was helpful to..

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Torque it down till it breaks off, then back it off 1/4 turn.