View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 04:29 PM
SoullessTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86indy View Post

First off let me say thanks you for your service. And man secondly let it out, dont keep it bottled up let it out even if its just here on FRF. Your story reminds me of the book THE THINGS THEY CARRIED, about Vietnam (a great book so far). This may sound funny to some, but in all seriousness have you ever considered writing a book or short stories?
No. I've never considered it. I've heard of people doing it. But in all honesty, I wouldn't feel safe doing that.

(What I'm about to say may change the way you view me)

The usual amount of people that a soldier has to kill in the infantry is 10. That is after 5 combat tours or so. I've been on 3. I'm about to go on a fourth. I have killed 38 enemy fighters. And it's with a SAW. It's not pretty. And the enemy, would love it if they were to get my name off of the front of a book. It's not a good idea. And even if I used a different name, that stuff can be traced. It was different with Vietnam. They hadn't hit us at home. But knowing that the people I'm pissing off could come after the people I care about? Hell, even you guys? That's not something I would like to risk.
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
"The Ginger That Cried Breanna"