View Single Post

Old 06-09-2010, 07:34 PM
5.Oh All the way

Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Throwing multiple codes--HELP

I'm baffled. The truck has been running beautiful. No hint of any malfunction. I get get off work, hop in truck, cranks and runs fine. Come home change, jump back I'm truck and crank it. It cranks and runs BUT, it starts idling rough (I mean really rough). I give it some gas and it sputters and spits back. No check engine light though. I get to end of driveway and the check engine light pops on and she dies. I crank her back up and she starts and runs but idling and sputtering really bad. I take the 4.0 plastic cover off and stat looking at the sensors. I unplugged the TPS and plug it back in. When I cranked it, it ran better (enough to drive and get codes read and get back home). When I get back home and turn it off and try to crank it again, its worse. Now it idles super low and just chugs. I got the following codes at Advance Auto:

P0122
System 2 Bank 1

P0171
System to lean
Bank 1

P0174
System to lean
Bank 2

P0300
Multiple cylinder misfires

P0122
TPS/Pedal
Sensor A circuit low input

I think I have these right. Wrote them down fast. Either way its throwing codes bad as you can see and it happened all at once which makes me belive its the TPS or a vacuum leak. Could possibly be the MAF sensor, but I'm no mechanic. Someone with knowledge of these 4.0s please help, I need this truck fixed tomorrow. Going to Advance tomorrow to get a new TPS and install it to see if that helps. If not, ill put original back on and then I'm clueless. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers