View Single Post

Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Can our Ford Ranger do this?

So everyone was telling me that our truck can't pull our small 2 horse trailer. I don't see why not? Everyone I've talked to goes um a horse trailer and a ford ranger? and then I explain and they go oh ok. So advice please? here's the set up
the trailer weighs 2700 lbs. It is a 2 horse slant load BP. the ford ranger is a 2003 model, has 4 wheel drive, a tow package, a v-6 engine, and 125.9inch wheel base. It can TOW 5700lbs with no problems or slowing down. So, we don't have much tack, it wouldn't even add up to 100 lbs for all our extra stuff. The horses are 1000 lbs each so 2000lbs for the 2. that leaves 1000lbs without the weight limit. People said they wouldn't go more than that but that'd be fine with the truck the way it is. So why is everyone saying this can't pull the horse trailer?
The trailer has breaks. and we're getting our 4 pin flat replaced on wednesday to a 7 round pin. We would only be using the trailer a couple times a month for an hour ride to 4 hours. On very rare occassion, like once a year we may be going to south dakota or montana from minnesota and thats about a 12 hour drive or so