View Single Post

Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default New Again, been around since 2003 ;)

What's up guys, my name is Ryan, I have a:

97 Ranger XLT/ 103k Miles/ 2.3l, 4cyl/ Super Cab/ 5spd/ Tonneau Cover/ SR Pendaliner (bed liner)

Currently has the following issuesHad this truck since it was perfect still)

-Clutch will not engage - Truck will start though when foot pressed down fully on pedal, can not shift gears unless truck is off.

-Will not idle unless I keep foot on throttle until it's completely warmed up, even then it stalls eventually. - Drives perfect in 1st gear once moving *I hear a click in the engine, sounds like it is changing the idle when it is actually idling alone. Is this the IAC?

(Tailpipe was cut off after small pipe that follows after the CAT, code has always been "Running Lean", even before I cut the tailpipe/muffler off)

(Have new Fuel Filter ready to install, Oil Pan Bolt stripped - new one ready to install, Full Synthetic Oil from day 1, way overdue for change, have Seafoam* put some in gas tank followed by 92 oct gas)

I am here to share my experiences, help, maybe be helped at times, love this site.

All my issues basically arose from the truck sitting for a while do to lack of funds, hardships.
Everything became a problem basically, after truck has been sitting in the elements for a couple weeks/months.

*First piece of advice to any "newbies" or FRF new members, don't let your vehicle sit in the elements, pay to have it covered/sealed correctly, and take proper care etc. (Example: Disconnect battery if sitting for more than a 5 days or so.. etc)

Excuse me if stating my issues here is not welcome, in that case I would delete them.

I love fixing things, and problem solving, hope my experiences help some of those out there in the FRF domains..

Last edited by 97RangerRyan; 04-03-2013 at 10:06 AM.