View Single Post

Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Re: Ranger would not start until I pressed the gas all the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0ftc View Post
So I am new to actually posting, but i must say just from reading threads here for months I decided to choose this site to actually register. Everyone here is pretty knowledgeable.

Tonight I ran to walmart and did some shopping and when I came back out i jumped into my Ranger and turned the key, she cranked and cranked, but no start. I let her sit for a few and tried again, still no luck. My GF jumped out and looked under the truck and said she smelt gas really bad. Once she said that I decided to depress the fuel all the way to the floor while I cranked it and she fired right up, I have never had this issue before. I am only the third owner and know both of the previous owners, both older gentlemen. Neither of them were ever rough and both were pretty well great as far as maintenance. The 4x4 is still tight as brand new! Recently i did a fuel injector cleaning and replaced all eight spark plugs. The starter went out a few days ago, so I went to the junkyard and got a used one for way less than new. The "new" starter seems a little wore out but cranks just as well as my other one that died. I hope I have gave enough info to maybe get some help here. Maybe im just over-worried... Thanks in advance!!
EXCELLENT JOB IN DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH AND CREATING A SIGNATURE! You are already ahead of a lot of members.!!!!!!!!!!

Start with a TuneUp, plugs, wires, maf,air filter check air intake for blockage, iacv, Etc

Pull the vacuum line off the regulator and check for gas.

Change the fuel filter and add a bottle of techron. An injector could be sticking

Let's see what some others think!

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).

Last edited by modelageek; 03-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.