View Single Post

Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Armoured up

Default Re: Markiiu's 2006 Ranger

So I did some more fabrication at school, I'm a while ahead of the course so I've been fabricating things for myself, as well as building whatever the instructor throws at me.

It's not directly Ranger related, but I built the grill and top hoop to turn this spiral pipe into a smoke eater for plasma cutting. My first time ever using a grinder, and my first try at the powered rollers. Lap seamed with spot welds, and the slats are just slammed into the zip-disked slots with a tinner's hammer. A mini-sledge would have probably worked better, but they're wedged in there pretty well.

And then I used the plasma cutter to make this sign, my first time with a plasma cutter, also, so it's a little janky.

I just need to knock the inner letters out and it'll be done, the top of the top F wasn't cut all the way through, but I think a few good whacks with the hammer should help it leave.

I also made a little something for the truck, bonus marks for anyone who can guess what it is from this teaser photo.

Last edited by markiiu; 03-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.