View Single Post

Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: fuel pressure problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalyradford View Post
when i take the fuel line off the pump and cycle it the gas barely trickles out.
you need to be more specific. if the the truck has been running and you turn it off. what happens when you press in the shrader valve. if you cycle the key on and off and someone is pressing in the shrader valve nothing comes out? if you cycle the key and then get out of the truck and check the valve and you have no pressure. maybe the check valve is toast, that is why I asked if you repalaced the whole fuel pump unit

when diagnosing a fuel issue the first thing to do is change the filter the if you have the regulator on the rail you pull the vacuum line off looking for fuel. the next thing to do is a fuel pressure test, koeo, koer, and you want to see if the system will not drop more than 8 psi in 5 min after the truck is turned off.

I bought a fuel pressure tester at harbor freight for $20......the parts stores lend them out for free?

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).

Last edited by modelageek; 05-21-2010 at 06:48 AM.