View Single Post

Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Learning to use the forums

Smile Re: Overdrive Light Blinking

Hi! This is my first post on this forum. I just bought a 2003 ranger 4x4, and after two months, I started noticing the same issue... When I first bought the car, the take off and pick up were great. Then, I started noticing that it was having a hard time taking off from stop and was riding rough when shifting into first. Then, in the last two months, the same thing has happened about 4 times... I will be accelerating from a stop light, and it will lag before shifting into first and then jerk a little... that is when the OD off light starts to flash and the ride is rough after that. When I stop at the next stop light, I turn the truck off and restart, and the light has stopped flashing. I have a two-year warranty I purchased when buying the truck, but I am not sure what that will cover. I am more than happy (and want to) take her in to get this issue fixed, but I am afraid of getting gouged for money. I am a complete idiot when it comes to cars and am not good at being tough with mechanics. I tend to listen to what they tell me and pay up. From this forum, it sounds like there may be a lot of issues, but I was hoping for some advice because it happened again this morning on my way to work, and I would like to treat my truck nicely by having it fixed sooner than later. Also, I just took her on a 700-mile trip this weekend, and all was fine on the highway and trip.

Thanks so much for any advice... It sucks not having the knowledge or understanding of how these things work.

-C*