View Single Post

Old 05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default I need a fuel additive!

The last few months I have noticed my '99 Ranger spits and sputters for the first 20 miles or so when it sits in the garage for a day or two. I've been thinking since the gov't decided it would be a wonderful thing to increase the ethanol content of our gasoline nationwide i began having issues with my engine. In addition I had to remove half my lawn mower carburetor and clean out the sediment three times until i could keep it running long enough to finish the lawn.
Now tell me why adding ethanol to the gasoline and reducing gas mileage in the process making the U.S. driver consume MORE gasoline getting from point A to point B is helping the consumption issue the gov't keeps telling us is our problem in lifestyle in addition to frustrating owners who can't figure out why their engines aren't running correctly is a better existence for us all?
Knowing we can't fight city hall I have a plan which perhaps some of you can help formulate....I am sure there is a chemical additive I can put in my tank to offset the harmful effects of ethanol on the internal workings of the combustion engine....in other words; nutralize the corrupt nature of ethanol. Anyone out there a chemist with the answer? I wish to make perfectly clear i am not making an issue of the political machine with their heads so far up their butts that seeing the light of day is an impossibility which has rammed another stupid idea down America's throat with ethanol in gasoline; I'm just a simple country boy trying to get my 11-year-old Ranger to run a bit better; increase my gas mileage a tiny bit; and happily drive as far away as I can from Washington, D. C. !