View Single Post

Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Another New Ranger Owner

Just picked up my new 2010 Ranger XLT 4-Dr Extended Cab 4x2 redfire metallic with aluminum wheels. Going to use Herculiner in the bed and will look for a roll up tonneau cover. Real nice truck! The jump seats are probably only useful for very short trips. If I could have gotten a Sport 4x2, I might have gone with that, since the seats may be a little better than the bench. I also have a Mercury Mariner Hybrid and at 6'3", I'm used to having the center console to rest my leg against. But overall the truck seating isn't too bad. But, with the bench seat, if I have to, I can seat three in "front". May consider the K&N air intake (street legal model) in the future. Not looking to get too extreme, just need a solid reliable small truck as part of my "fleet" (Mariner & Subarau Forester) which are all the same color red. As I will use it to commute, I hope to get at least an average of 19-20 mpg. Hope that is realistic. I will find out soon enough!