View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default cruise control setbacks, any help appreciated

Hi my name is neuman i have a 2003 fx level II 4x4 4.0 litre ford ranger with approx 160,000km on it

i recently replaced the slave and master cylinder and clutch redid the seals on my tcase with the help of this forum which is a fantastic resource.

my immediate problem now is my cruise control. the light on the 'on and off' switch died and after it stopped working i replaced the switches completely "on/off" and 'resume/set/coast' those two switches that sit on the steering wheel i also when reading through past posts saw that replacing the switch on the brake cylinder often solved the problem so i went to ford and picked one up for 45$ and replaced it and unfortunatly that didnt resolve the issue i believe my brake lights are both working i havent checked fuses yet but im doing that right away here. any ideas on why the cruise would stop working and what would you suggest that might fix it thank you for reading my post and i look forward to all the replies this is an awesome site lots of good information on here thats saved me a lot of time and money.

----------

its a manual transmission as well as i forgot to mention that